Terms & Conditions
Privacy Statement FAQ:
Who will use my data?
Hive of Design Ltd
|What for?||We will store and process your data in order to allow us to maintain your account, send system updates, send offer details, process and store your transaction details, and provide customer support to you.|
|What will happen?||We will use your information to send you systems information and updates, offers and other Hive of Design Ltd updates that we think you will be interested in.|
|What data will be stored?||We will store your enquiry details, usage info, transactions details, and any preference information we collect as part of you visiting our website.|
|What data will be shared?||We will only share your information with any regulator or legal body that requests it.|
|How long?||Your data will be stored in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. You can request data deletion at anytime.|
|Who can access my data?||We will never sell, share or otherwise distribute your data to any other third party.|
|How is my data kept secure?||We will only use reputable third party companies with regard to storing your data and use industry standard security protocols/technology to secure data.|
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We will never sell, share or use your personal information other than as described here.
This policy sets out how we will use and share the information that you give us. This policy describes your relationship with Hive of Design Ltd.
Who We Are And How To Contact Us
Hive of Design is a trading name of Hive of Design Ltd that is registered in England. The data controller is: Hive of Design Ltd. You can get in touch with us in any of the following ways:
Phone: 0116 242 2855
Post: Workspace 22, Phoenix Square, 4 Midland Street, Leicester LE1 1TG
How to change your preferences
You can visit the Hive of Design Ltd website (www.hiveofdesign.co.uk) to contact us to change your preferences at anytime.
How we operate
We operate in line with EU GDPR (May 2018) data protection guidelines. We are committed to maintaining your personal rights and allow all users to change or withdraw their opt-in options at anytime. We will also advise you on how to complain to the relevant authorities, namely the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Hive of Design Ltd is a Graphic and Web Design Agency. This policy relates to users of Hive of Design Ltd. Processing of your data is required in order to offer you these services. This policy applies to individuals who have registered with Hive of Design Ltd as either a customer, user, administrator, or in any other capacity.
It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the DPA and GDPR.
This can include:
- Location data
- An online identifier
- Job title
- Business email address
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Home address
- Home telephone number
- Personal email address
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
What this policy applies to
This section describes the lawful basis for processing your data and applies to the information about yourself that you choose to provide us with or that you allow us to collect. This includes (as a customer):
- Information you provide during the enquiry process
- Information you provide when you create campaigns
- Information you provide in the form of number data, messages or meta-data
- Information we collect about how you use the website
- Information relating to purchases and other transactions
- Information given and stored as part of our ongoing relationship
Scope of Consent
Opting out at a later date
Once you have given your consent, you can amend or withdraw your consent at anytime. You can also choose to object to processing at anytime. We respect all user rights as defined in GDPR. If you have any comments or wish to complain please visit Hive of Design Ltd or contact us anytime.
How we store and process your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers (for tax purposes). In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information. We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your account data may be collected, stored and processed using third parties that may operate outside the EU. Your data will be stored as described here or until you request removal of your personal data from our system. Please note that we will be unable to carry out your request to be removed if there is still an open transaction against your account. In order to provide updates and offers that may be of interest to you we use recognised third parties to manage our company accounts and provide banking services. We will store transactions, payment (this does not include payment card data) and order data for up to 7 years or for as long as required by UK financial and company regulations.
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Specifically, this may include:
- Administering finance (e.g. fees, contracts and payments)
- Providing support services
- Providing, IT and information services
- Managing accounts
- Carrying out research and statistical analysis
- Providing operational information
- Promoting /marketing our products and services
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity, (b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including managing payments, fees and charges, and to collect and recover money owed to us||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Financial, (d) Transaction, (e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you, (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to recover debts owed to us|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Profile, (d) Usage, (e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you, (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business|
|To administer and protect our business and our site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Technical||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise, (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Profile, (d) Usage, (e) Marketing and Communications, (f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical, (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Technical, (d) Usage, (e) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business|
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- If you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
- In each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us, or third parties, to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us. Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
We are a data controller. In relation to the information that you provide to us, we are legally responsible for how that information is handled. We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR (2018) in the way we use and share your personal data. Among other things, this means that we will only use your personal data:
- Fairly and lawfully
- As set out in the legislation and this policy
- To the extent necessary for these purposes
We will process your personal data ourselves as the data processor. We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information that you supply.
Hive of Design Ltd may from time to time use your information for marketing, account management or relationship management purposes. The main purpose of this is to provide you with information about goods and services which we think may be of interest to you and/or to maintain any existing relationship we may have with you.
Your data is not shared with any third parties other than as described here.
- The data you submit during an enquiry about our services
- By giving consent during your enquiry to send you marketing information about goods and services that they think you may be interested in, as well as account management or relationship management purposes
In addition we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. We will report any breaches or potential breaches to the appropriate authorities within 24 hours and to anyone affected by a breach within 72 hours.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
If you have any queries or concerns about your data usage please contact us.
Under the Data Protection Act, we are also permitted to share some information with third parties who use such data for non-marketing purposes (including credit and risk assessment and management, identification and fraud prevention, debt collection and returning assets to you).
Contacting us, exercising your information rights and Complaints
Terms and conditions for website usage
The term ‘Hive of Design Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Phoenix Square, 4 Midland Street, Leicester, LE1 1TG. Our company registration number is 7395607 in England and Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Hive of Design Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Hive of Design Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Hive of Design Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Hive of Design Ltd – © Hive of Design Ltd 2016. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We put small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site. These cookies aren’t used to identify you personally.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on our website;
- how long you spend on each of our website’s pages;
- how you got to the site; and
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site.
We don’t collect or store your personal information (like your name or address) using cookies, so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.